Thread: iOS 6 Wishlist
View Single Post
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2012-03-13, 18:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Defaults:

The built-in apps are hardly bad (unless you count Reminders, the UI of which clearly only happened in some nightmare of mine), but Apple won't and shan't try to cover all situations. Some may prefer using the GMail web interface as their mail client, iCab as their browser, or Calvetica as their calendar. There's APIs for accessing some or all of the same data, but there aren't ones to set defaults. Most jarringly, opening a web link in some app will still launch Safari, unless the app happens to provide its own means of choosing a different browser.
This is one I'm hoping for as well. Namely, the ability to set a default camera app for the phone that isn't Apple's. I love the slide to unlock the camera on the lock screen, I just would rather it be a different camera.

I'd also like the ability (that I've wanted since iOS 1) to choose which default apps sync and which don't. If we're given the ability to set other defaults, then there isn't a reason to keep the unused former apps on the phone.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter