Thread: iPhone X
View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2017-09-12, 13:44

Or, as Tim put it, "setting the way forward for the next 10 years", or "the biggest leap forward from the original iPhone".
  • Has the all-glass front and back of the iPhone 8
  • 2 finishes of space grey and silver
  • 5.8" diagonal, "Super Retina Display" at 2436x1125 resolution (458ppi), OLED
  • claims great brightness, wide color support and accuracy, great contrast
  • Home button is gone, does have the dip down at the top. Tap the screen to wake, or Raise to Wake. up-swipe to get control center, get to the new multitask app switching.
  • There is in fact FaceID facial recognition unlock. They've trained it to recognize you if there's a hat on, or glasses, or a haircut.
  • The neural engine has specialized HW for machine learning algorithms. I don't have the tech ability to understand this.
  • animated emojis and using a face scan of you to add your own emotions to emojis and then send video/audio loops
  • The cameras are 12MP dual cameras with greater apertures (same as iPhone 8?)
  • Same chips (A11 and wifi) as iPhone 8, same Qi charging.
  • 2 hours more battery than the iPhone 7.
  • Pre-order Oct 27 and arrives Nov 3
  • From $999, 64 and 256GB

Supposedly they worked with Hollywood makeup artists to make sure that masks can't fool FaceID, or photographs. I said it on twitter, but I'm concerned about the cops using this to make you look at your phone to unlock it...given the debate over TouchID vs passcodes that they've been involved in...

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder