Thread: iPhone X
View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2017-11-03, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I can't remember what I did last year, but do you still have to call into your carrier (Verizon) to activate your phone? I remember having issues because aside from my cell phone at home, I don't have another phone. Trying to figure out if I need to do it at work today or not.
Yeah I had to call Verizon last year to activate my 7 Plus, but did not have to with my X( which I do appreciate, improves the experience IMHO). But the servers took a pounding and it took about 20-30 minutes to activate.

Anyway first impressions:

- Wow the screen is amazing. Colors are nice and vibrant, but still natural looking. It also helps the whole front end is screen now. Rented Wonder Woman and it looks stunning on it( never seen it yet and figured would knock out two birds with one stone in testing out the HDR capability).

-Glad I am off cycle sort of speak right now because the screen size/form factor ratio is very good. It's nice to have a screen similar in size to the Plus in the form factor of the 8. Going to see how it is to live with in every day life to lose the Plus's screen width. If Apple does an X Plus of speak next year, would definitely want to look in the store first. With my upgrade shifted to November, will be able to do that now. But I may also take the loan through the upgrade program to maturity and go back to my every 2 year upgrade. Haven't decided yet.

-Face ID works really well. Yeah it's going to have its own failure points like Touch ID did, but it does a very good job of unlocking the phone on the first try and in a in between speed of 1st gen Touch ID and 2nd gen Touch ID.

- It sucks phones are getting more expensive to repair/replace because I love the homage to the iPhone 4 in a modernized design. I consider the 4 era to be the peak of the iPhone design. But due to the high cost of repairing the X( even with AppleCare+), going to have to hide the gorgeous design in the Apple leather case. But I would really want to run this thing naked. A much welcome change from the iPhone 6 form factors we have seen since from Apple. Hope Apple realizes this is a big part that drives upgrades. Not camera, CPU, etc bumps. Sticking to the 6 form factor for so long definitely hurts them. Hoping the 8/8 Plus is the last of the 6's form factor.

Took out my original iPhone for a 10 year celebration for iPhone.

https://i.imgur.com/D35oXWy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SJSg0hE.jpg

giggity