Thread: iPhone X
View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2017-11-04, 14:32

Initial impressions.... best iPhone release since the iPhone 5 in my opinion, and possibly the most significant overall since the original iPhone.

After using it for just an hour and setting it up side by side with my 7 the 7 and it’s design and screen seem primitive in comparison.

I would love to see a iPhone X mini. Something SE size but with no bezels. I think that would be my ideal phone. But as it is, this size is pretty great. My one wish is that it supported iPhone plus page layouts. It’s really just a blown up or elongated iPhone 7 interface due to the aspect ratio.

Face ID works very well but I do miss Touch ID at times, especially at a distance, or at angles or while laying in bed or trying to sneak a peak at notifications after pulling my phone out of my pocket. But in many use cases Face ID seems far superior and natural. So I guess it balances out.

Swipe for home button seems like it should have been standard years ago. Especially in connection with the app switcher.

The screen is gorgeous but I am finding True Tone to really have a warm white balance/color temp that I don’t particularly like. It only improves if I crank the brightness up. I think it’s doing what it should as my house has incandescent lighting and it’s overcast today but I think many people would do think it lacks color saturation if they didn’t know what it was doing and why.