View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-27, 13:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
What we don't want is a Skytrain with a central hub in Bridgeport that radiates out willy-nilly, because then you have to go through Bridgeport whenever you want to go anywhere that's on a different line.
But that's if the spokes have no wheel. Say we lay it out as a box around Bridgeport with a + crossing Bridgeport in the middle, making a rough 2x2 grid. Three east/west tracks (north, Bridgeport, south) and three north/south tracks (east, Bridgeport, west). Or your

||

idea, with a sideways H laid on top of it. That would make six primary lines, and they could be Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, White, and Black. White and Black could be the routes that intersect in Bridgeport. (Purple wouldn't make as much sense if there was more than one route that connected Red and Blue.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos
Also... I don't think we should use the Spawn as the central hub. Due to beds, I haven't spawned there in weeks. We should use Bridgeport, as I imagine it's the most common spawning location besides our beds in our distant compounds. The spawn is really only the spawn for new players, and they don't need to be hoppin' on the express line to the outer rim right when they show up.
Forgive me if my geography is all wrong, but isn't Bridgeport eventually going to grow closer to spawn? I'm not sure how much farther people are going to want to push into the east, it turns into a desert and runs into Old Towne and that gets farther and farther away from the post office.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong