View Single Post
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-04-27, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
But that's if the spokes have no wheel. Say we lay it out as a box around Bridgeport with a + crossing Bridgeport in the middle. Three east/west tracks (north, Bridgeport, south) and three north/south tracks (east, Bridgeport, west). Or your

||

idea, with a sideways H laid on top of it.
That was my original idea. A box with a cross. (Seriously, this is exactly what I originally came up with, with Yellow for the south edge, Green for the north, and Teal for the N/S cross.) But I think that it's needlessly complicated. Would the upper and lower E/W routes get used much at all? We can add them as necessary but the H is simple, and easily expandable. I think we should start as simple as possible and then only build additional routes as needed.

Also, I know Brad had plans for that space and I hate suggest we should take it, but that space really is perfect. Its elevated, it's right under what would be the purple line, and its right next to the skyway terminus. Building it near the spawn means building a whole lot of new skypassages, and I think that would be rather ugly to have so much crap in the air right near the spawn and the Capitol.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.