Thread: E3 2011
View Single Post
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2011-06-07, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
Ha ha ha, everyone said they were nuts with the Wii as well. Then they sold a billion units. I for one am willing to see how it all actually works before writing them off. They do seem to take "leisurely" gamers into account better than MS and Sony, which to be frank is where I'm at these days.
I think that leisure games are moving to where people are - namely, in mobile. The Wii sold big time because it was leisure and cheap. Now, with mobile, the Wii isn't cheap any more. Nor is it quite so leisurely. It's a big pain the ass to have to deal with that sensor, make sure batteries are charged and switch the inputs on your TV.

I've gotten more playing time on a $.99 game like Tiny Wings than I did in Zelda or Wii Sports and it was 2% of the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I'd like to see the price point they're planning to sell that at before we write them off. The Wii sold in bucketloads partially because it was cheap. That thing looks...expensive.

But then Apple sell the iPhone for $199, and it looks expensive too. I guess we'll see.
The difference is that the iPhone actually *is* expensive and people know it. It's just sold inexpensively. The Wii, OTOH, is cheap. There's a big difference.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.