View Single Post
addabox
Veteran Member

2014-11-25, 20:03

For real man, God made Mississippi to give other southerners something to look down on....

I've actually had that "well, lookee what we got here" moment in some tiny town in Mississippi. And you look at those faces, and it's not like "Oh, hey, listen, I'm a southerner myself ya'll, stand down" because you're looking at those pig eyed, bone stupid, spoiling for a fight little scrunched up faces that would just as soon punch a random stranger because what the fuck has the world outside their immediate location ever done for them?

I'm always telling people who don't know the south that their stereotypical notions are mostly nonsense and that if they act friendly and nice most folk will reciprocate in kind (as opposed to carrying on like some kind of jackass anthropologist amazed at the local yahoos, which, guess what? The yahoos can tell you're being a dick), but sometimes, some places, it's just the full on Deliverance and you'd best move on.

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated