View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2014-11-29, 14:37

You know the weirdest thing about Mississippi... I've run into a couple folks from there over the years, and for some reason they always go out of their way to tell people what a friendly, not-like-the-60s community Jackson Mississippi is. At least I think it was Jackson they always rave about. It's sort of disconcerting because you can see these are normal human beings but there's just no good response to that.

"Sure, I bet it's great; I'm going to visit my next road trip down south!" No good.
"Lady are you for real? Jackson Mississippi? Are you under-medicated or over-medicated at the moment? Can I call someone?" No good.
"Uh huh. I see." No good.

In the end all you can do is muster a little smile and nod and hope they stop talking about Mississippi.

Personally I think they ought to combine east Texas, most of Louisiana, all of Mississippi, parts of Alabama, and parts of north Florida into one big state and call it Fuckedupistan. I say we let them secede too. Sure the shape of the state will be a bit gerrymanderish, but I think everyone will be happier this way.

I mean I've driven through some seriously inbred portions of Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky... but it's not... quite the same as these other places I'm talking about. Maybe I'm just splitting mullets though.

...into the light of a dark black night.