View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-11-30, 17:18

The soda fountain is just an example of people being shocked that other people might be waiting on them. I'm sure it happens everywhere, but it struck me by happening here so often. I've also noticed that people here very commonly do things like suddenly stop in a narrow aisle, blocking the whole thing with their cart, and then seem shocked when someone might be behind them or trying to get through. These people seem to be otherwise considerate—they always apologize—but they just seem less used to crowds. Even businesses here seem less adept at managing lines.

Maybe Rochester is a little pocket of Missouri, I don't know. I'm just reporting what I've seen and heard. I'm in a BK right now, and they're playing Sirius XM The Message (and, of course, Fox News).

Rochester shouldn't be like some tiny bumfuck town—the city I lived in for much of my time in Oregon has roughly the same population—and if anything I'd assume that the more educated doctor population and influx of diverse visitors that Mayo Clinics brings here would make it less Missouri-y. But idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong