View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-11-30, 20:28

Maybe. I hope it's just some bizarre occurrence that I've been repeatedly confronted with.

Recently, on Election Day, I was discussing politics with a friend at work during a rare bit of downtime, and a customer valued guest walking by literally does a head-whip and giddily says, "ARE WE TALKING POLITICS?" and then launches into an explanation/rant of his political views, and how he considers himself a centrist even though all the views he describes are extremely right-wing, and my friend and I are just sort of taken aback by this guy, and we're trying to be polite but he can't seem to take the hint that we aren't really interested in why he thinks children of "illegals" should get to go to school, and he just keeps going and going and we keep uncomfortably "uh-huh"ing until eventually he's satisfied whatever impulse he had and he says "anyway, good to talk politics with you fellas!" and walks away, all smiles. And my friend and I just look at each other, like "did that just happen?"

It's usually not that long-winded or overt. Most of the time it's just some passing comment about Obama or "those liberals" that I'm obviously expected to agree whole-heartedly with, for some reason.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong