View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2016-11-22, 20:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
after comparing what apple was doing with its time capsules versus where the market is for home network storage, there seems to not have been any reason to even buy the Time capsules when they were first released. Apple ceded this ground for good measure...
But isn't that the entire problem? They aren't making even industry par equipment now.

The Apple TV, their networking products, their entire desktop line, their server line and server OS, their Office Suite, their home media production apps like Garage Band, iMovie, the focus in iTunes on making it easier to buy, but dumbing down or removing other useful features.

Apple used to offer something BETTER than the industry average on almost all of these fronts, or at least something you didn't have to apologize for using.

They've lost ground on all of those fronts, and for no good reason. They could have at least kept pace, but instead they've done NOTHING.

What the hell have they been doing all this time? It better not be just a touch screen keyboard and figuring out to do display an iPhone interface on a smaller screen.

That's all I feel there is to show for the last 5+ years of Apple innovation. (and as the admin of an Apple based board, that really disappoints me and saddens me, as I have high standards for a company I've spent this much time and energy supporting)

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me