View Single Post
Dr. Bobsky

2018-12-21, 18:41

Personality cults are odd. We created Trump, fed him with our obsession for unrelenting douchebaggery, then put him into office just in time to watch the world burn. He's the man of our time -- vapid, self-absorbed, flighty, simultaneously a trend setter and spineless demagogue. He's us extracted to absolute purity -- running headlong into oblivion.

I feel sorry for the people who voted for him. Pity really. The next decades will be horrific, I suspect. And they will wake up every day and recognize their singular, democratically approved contribution to the acceleration of that horror. Whatever moral contortions they had to engage in to get themselves to support Trump will only accentuate their regret and pain. They will know they deserve every last ounce of hell his election brought.

My december is going swimmingly -- this week was rejection week for faculty jobs. Yay! Unemployed, overused, PhD scientist seeking a life to fill the void he created by a singular focus on intellectual development of himself and others.