View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2007-08-15, 13:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Leader Pretend View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more pedestrian friendly roadways, but there are times where I find myself seriously considering vehicular homicide.

This happens about 90% of time on campus. You'll be breezing along, being alert, watching people walk along the sidewalks. You think, there are no crosswalks around, no one could cro-AGH HOLY SHIT! *screech* and some dude with headphones stuffed in his ears casually strolls across the roadway, often after emerging from a patch of bushes. You sit there, inches from him, thankful no one rear-ended you.

Crosswalks are there for a reason, you can't just cross anywhere on the road and expect people to be cool with it.
Agreed, I find bikers to be the worst at that. I'll be driving along and then the biker just scoots across the road right in front of me! A few weeks ago I was driving through town, when a biker shot across an intersection, he used the crosswalk (how nice of him), but the light was red for the direction he was going! I felt like saying, buddy, the traffic laws apply to bikers too (which they do here). Nearly hit the guy, luckily he we saw each other soon enough and I slowed down while he turned into the oncoming left hand turn lane. Thankfully the driver behind me must have seen the idiot too because he slowed down as well.