View Single Post
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2007-08-15, 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto View Post
Ever deal with someone who, when they're in a stressful situation, absolutely shuts down?

I mean I'll say, "hey, which are you going to use, paper or plastic? You'll be late for your own birthday party!"

They say.... nothing. They just take on a thousand-yard stare and become unresponsive. The more you try to snap them out, the deeper their mind retreats. Know that one?
Oh man, I absolutely hate that. I was working with an umpire who wasn't too good, and he did this at a close call at first. I thought that I missed him making the call, but no, he hadn't called anything. Of course, everybody started yelling because they wanted a call, but this guy was gone. I hustled over and asked him what he called, and he said he didn't know. I asked him what he thought it was, and again he just gave me a blank look. I asked him if he saw the play, and he nodded. I was couldn't figure this guy out.

Finally I just had to call the kid safe, using the assumption that it was a tie, which usually goes to the runner.

It is just weird when someone just won't talk.