View Single Post
El Gallo
Formerly “MumboJumbo”

2017-11-05, 20:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
Trump is president, not Clinton. Democratic Party failings, as interesting as they may be, are only being foisted on the public as a form of misdirection. They are irrelevant in the face of what a Republican President and Congress do or do not do with their respective mandates. They are equally irrelevant to the question of how those mandates were won, and whether laws were broken in their pursuit.
Well as strident as those statements may be. They simply aren't true. Trump wasn't elected in a vacuum. He won't be reelected in a vacuum. I understand that just like how some Republicans swore they had proof was secretly a foreign national and a Muslim, communist agitator, none of those points helped elect Romney even when Obama lost 5 million votes. Why? Because losing a vote isn't the same thing as gaining a vote. Romney didn't do anything to fight back or gain those votes.

Say what you will about Trump, he is a fighter. You're not going to claim he put a dog on a station wagon or cut a classmates hair or fired an employee so his spouse could die of cancer or any other claim from that election and not get a response from Trump.

Also no one has been given a mandate. The Republicans don't have a super majority. Trump didn't even win the popular vote. Why would call that a mandate? Should they govern? Of course and that is a different question. As for broken laws, Trump would have to be impeached by a Republican Congress and Senate which I don't think would happen. As I noted it isn't a vacuum.

The Democrats meanwhile are stuck on repeat. It is all identity politics, and pretty much nothing else. Shockingly it's pretty hard to govern on a platform of blatant racism as the Democrats are doing. Racism doesn't have a rhyme, reason or policy to it. It's even hard to engage in class warfare when you're declaring half the members of a class can't really be there because they are white.