View Single Post
El Gallo
Formerly “MumboJumbo”

2017-11-08, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post
Dems seem to have done pretty well last night. Like, "fuck Trump" well.
I don’t think too many of the races went differently then people expected them to go.

However I’d say this race went differently and it shows most of what I’ve been talking about.

DailyMail

The person she was running against was a certifiable cartoon bully. He basically was calling names, refused to debate and spent more time making her the issue rather than discuss....the issues.

She on the other hand spent an appropriate amount of time on her gender identity but did not let it become the crux of the campaign. There is clearly an absence of.....smugness on her part as she refuses to even bad mouth her opponent who bullied her noting that she would be serving as his representative now and she doesn’t bad mouth her own constituents.

That is a very refreshing change from labeling anyone with whom you’d disagree with as a -ist practicing an -ism. Especially in this case when it was actually happening.

Her focus.....issues and delivering services and not just for folks historicallly underrepresented or who belong in various oppressed groups or victim classes. Instead the goal is deliver for all the people she represents.

Her focus.... schools,jobs and traffic. From what I’ve read she would have easily gotten my vote.

This is what Democrats need a lot more of in terms of policy and candidates. The need non-corrupt local people who live where they serve, want to bring services and help to all the people they represent and who are open to the best ideas regardless of the person bringing them forward.

Good job Danica and I hope you rub off on some of your party leaders and maybe even on a few of the people in this forum. A little less smug, self-righteous indignation and a little more listening and service can go a long way towards earning votes and that is what she has proven.