Thread: Word 98
View Single Post
MCSE+I-Turncoat

2007-03-02, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveblue View Post
Just because you can't get rid of IE doesn't mean you need to use it. Apart from some Microsoft sites (which, really, who cares about), 99.9% of sites these days (that I use, at least) work perfectly in Firefox. And you don't need a browser for security patches etc. these days if you have it on auto (but even if you don't I doubt you'll have any problems using the Windows Update site in IE). So my point is that a) Windows does have browsers that work properly, and b) the fact that lots of developers optimise their sites for IE is actually a good reason to stay with Windows, since IE is no longer supported on Mac. Not that I'm discouraging you from getting a Mac
I beg to differ. I left my FireFox on auto update and when it loaded the new version of FireFox, version 2.0.02, it caused all kinds of problems.

You are wrong about the updates. You must have IE and use it to get updates manually. Automatic updates is a bad thing and should be avoided. Automatic updates crashed my box this past spring. Thank god for backups!

It’s been 12 years. When is Microsoft going to make a browser that works?