View Single Post
¡Damned!

2011-01-25, 04:51

I've started some new stretches of skyway that hopefully encourage some of the hesitant members to set up camp on virgin ground. I did some rough scouting beforehand and found some great areas to set up camp. There's a couple beautiful plains ripe for development, as well as a shit-ton of caves. Just some very minor spelunking turned up lots of coal and iron deposits close to the entrances. I took none, of course, hoping that fresh resources would entice people to call those areas home. Most look pretty deep and I heard my share of baddies living inside, so it should be fun (and lucrative).

Rough map of the new stretches:

iJak's biosphere is where it starts, heads towards my place, then turns south and branches out. You can see the skyranch from the eastern tip and Anchorage from the southern. All will have access to the ground when complete.

I've finished the stairway down to the ground from the hub, and the one to the west that leads to the desert area. It looks like someone has already set up a sand mine over there (the grey area lower-left... I'm guessing arteggio) so glass making won't be a problem. I'll get to the rest of the railings and steps sometime tomorrow.

It's a really nice area. If I wasn't balls-deep in UFO land I'd set up something there myself.

So it goes.