View Single Post
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2005-09-04, 16:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of the 'nut
more like 45 dollars and that's only because they can't charge more since they wouldn't come close to selling out then. supply and demand.

Kelly Clarkson plays to arenas. Brittany Spears plays to stadiums. The size of a venue you can play too means shit as far as talent and lasting power.

Their current album has simpleton writing that only is noteworthy because they are "antibush" and on the radio. It doesn't make it great and frankly I find it a bit sad that this is what is considered relevent and important music today. Go back and listen to what music was in the 60s and 70s and how it was relevent to the times and events and there is simply no comparison.

Steve Earle is relevent, not Green Day who did something just to sell records and gain publicity.

Half does songs are never played on radio and 3/4 of them share the same chord progression.

They never will

As usual, you summed them up perfectly
Have you ever heard of minimalism? Wood n' wire? Jesus...

A lot more people really love it than deride it.

Steve Earle drones and sucks...he was good for 3 songs. Copperhead Road, Snake Oil, and Guitar Town...everything else is ten times too twangy for his own good. He's not some bad-ass renegade hick...he's just hick...but I guess we need that every now and then. Heh, Roger Clyne covers him...

BTW, at least 13 of the songs I listed are regularly given airplay.

Last edited by Messiahtosh : 2005-09-04 at 16:50.