Thread: Apple Nova Fund
View Single Post
Oompa Loompa
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2006-04-03, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
Alright, how cool would it be if we start a semi-annual AppleNova fundraising event? I would not want to see this turn into a commercial venture (like the direction AI is headed), but this would be a great way to set up an ongoing fund to pay for bandwidth and such; so we can give the admins a little break.

Somebody would donate a new iPod/Mac to AppleNova, and we sell raffle tickets via Paypal for, say, $5 each. Not only would you be helping a good cause, but you have the chance to win shiny new Apple stuff.

I'd say there's several hundred "regular" members here that would buy at least one ticket (I'd buy several if I could), and the odds of winning would be pretty good, seeing as we're a relatively small community. Half the proceeds would go to the AppleNova bandwidth fund (or wherever money's needed), and half would go to a respected charity foundation, to be donated in memory of Jack R. Frost IV. I would love to see this forum give back to the community, especially if it honors Jack.
I think this is a very cool idea. It would be a lot of fun and not only just a one time event!

I have never met Jack (LoCash) at AN, unfortunately... so it's not my place to say anything about him... I also lost a very, very dear friend a short while back... and I think he wouldn't mind a fun thing like this. So come on guys! Always look on the bright side of life *whistles the tune*. It wouldn't hurt anybody, IMO!

Last edited by Oompa Loompa : 2006-04-03 at 15:56.