View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-02-06, 09:41

One thing I notice in the bill -though you have to dig through dozens of pages to find anything specific- is the inclusion of agriculture items. What I know for damn sure: there should be zero farm subsidies or farmer hand-outs of ANY kind within this package. Farmers are constantly sucking at the tit of government. They're the last ones who need this IMHO, with all due respect. Enough of our money goes to farmers every year; we don't need this money going there too.

Also I read this morning that an oversight group has already determined the prior stimulus package (for bailing out the financial institutions) over-spent by $78B. I take that to mean misallocation of funds but we'll see.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7874434.stm

This IS a good reason to maybe write to President Obama and suggest a couple extra weeks of debate on specific line items in this now 900B package, be questioned a bit more thoroughly. Any time there is a big government spending package, every lobbyist and dickhead in Washington gets on his or her knees and sticks both hands out. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

...into the light of a dark black night.