View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-08-31, 13:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iago View Post
I don't think McCartney needs the money unfortunately. They almost certainly will appear at some point on the iTunes store but I'm not holding my breath over it being this event. Every time there's an iPod media event, everyone starts to discuss the possibility. It should happen but it might not.
I think we might be getting close:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Dhani Harrison recently stated that The Beatles are losing money every day by not having a digital outlet for sales and that he does not feel that the iTunes Store's 99 cent charge is a fair price for The Beatles songs. He was an integral part in pushing for The Beatles: Rock Band video game...The Beatles' own website has also reported discussions for the digital distribution of the Beatles catalog being continued.
If fixed, 99c pricing was a barrier for the Beatles, then surely the new variable pricing system will help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iago
I don't believe this will be discussed at the event. The FCC / Apple / AT&T situation is a little bit too raw to bring up, tacitly or not, the inadequacies of the carrier at a media event.
That's possible. Maybe just a quick mention? iPhone OS 3.1 will be available today, supports iTunes 9, SMS goes live in the US, yada yada.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong