View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-12-23, 20:45

It's definitely a new product, because I can't imagine enough people giving an honest damn over tower updates, and even the notebook stuff will just be the newer processors in the same Unibody enclosures, I'm sure. Are either of those, no matter how strongly you feel about towers and pro notebooks, worth such an event? I doubt it.

The tablet - or something else completely new that we're not even aware of because the "tablet" rumors have been an effective diversion/smokescreen - is about the only thing that makes any sense. All their consumer stuff, including the iPods, have recently been updated. So it can really only be something fresh and unique.

All that other evidence - talk about a January unveiling, developers being asked to create demo versions of their apps to run on larger displays, etc. - points to such a device.

A story currently running at AppleInsider talks about Piper Jaffray analysts (yeah, I know...they're so right about everything all the time, huh? ) are saying 50% chance it's a tablet announcement. Daring, out-on-a-limb positioning...half wrong or half right.

Again, I think I could do this job.