View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-09-25, 13:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
On the side, these minor updates (new processor, upgraded graphics/RAM bus, USB 3) could have been done in the summer with little work from Apple (relatively speaking). There is absolutely no reason for them to pull what they're pulling for a measly, minor update. No reason whatsoever!

It's bigger than that. Has to be. If it's not, then…

The New iMac, Steve Jobs Edition, is coming. I can smell it. Stinks like grass stains, I'm telling you! This all just has the feeling of something bigger than "it's got USB 3"! There is an air of secrecy around the iMac, with absolutely nothing floating in the rumor mills other than OOS warnings. No info from analysts or speculators or tech-geeks. Nothing!

Prior to the iPhone in late 2006, there were these little tidbits of rumors about an Apple phone. No one really knew anything, and everything that could be gleaned was stabbing-in-the-dark-guesswork at best! This has that kind of feel. A huge part of Apple's lineup is woefully devoid of rumors, and yet supply has dried up to the point where even the floor models are going away.

I really hope I'm right! The store needs a desktop system to jumpstart sales for all these PC folk looking for a new home computer.

The Next Generation iMac would clobber the holiday season. Regardless of what the techies say (and even Steve Jobs, although he was cryptic), there is still a huge market for desktop systems! Positively huge! Now is the time.
I'd like to think this, and I want to believe that Apple is still pushing innovation on the Mac platform but, unfortunately it is just hard to believe. Apple doesn't seem to take risks anymore, and the Mac just hasn't been Apple's focus for so long now.