Thread: Cars
View Single Post
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2006-05-18, 14:39

The Movie, not the pop group, (reunited with todd rundgren, in place of ocasek? what's that about?)

It opens June 9th, and I've talked to a couple of people who've seen it and they are pretty ga-ga over it.
One friend said "Remember when you first saw Toy Story? It's like that all over again." meaning that it raises the bar in animation quite a bit.
When I first saw the NASCAR sequence in the preview, I thought it looked pretty special.

But speaking of NASCAR, they are going to be involved in the promotion of the movie pretty heavily, and I was in Target & Toys 'r' Us looking for birthday party presents and there are CARS toys everywhere, it looks like they are trying to do a Hot Wheels kind of thing with it.

And I just got back from the market and in all the General Mills cereals are promoting it as well.

I'm wondering if a lot of this promotion was planned before Pixar joined the Disney fold, and Disney was going over the top because Pixar was leaving. (this promo stuff is planned over a year in advance.) I also wonder if this will be the norm for all the future Pixar releases. Or maybe I'm just imagining that this one is getting a larger push than previous Pixar films.

Anyway my bet is it will be the highest grossing movie not only of the summer but the year, not like that is going out on a limb so much.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"