View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-09-08, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Believe me, I'm tempted myself to start the world fresh, but I'd hate for the work (and loot gathering) we've done in the current world to be lost. Since we're running vanilla, would it be possible to do a world overlap for like a month or so? Just so people could move what they needed most to the new world? Also, what's the word on structure-moving?
The vanilla server doesn't offer any way to bring things (inventory, structures) from one world to another. I am, however, right now testing multiworld copy/warp operations with the latest version of the Bukkit server we're running. That's why I've not been on the server at all today.

I wouldn't insist on wiping the world if I wasn't sure that we could migrate some of our things over. The space needle, iJak's farm, the money bin, etc. won't be lost. I'm also testing copying over structures from *older* worlds as we'd discussed in that other thread.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.