Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2015-07-02, 21:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
I don't mind it being zoomed out at first on the home screen. That may be because I don't have many apps on the watch yet, but I prefer it being zoomed out, scroll to the app I want, then zoom in to open it. I would rather zoom in then having to zoom out, find the app, and then zoom back in to open it or scrolling the zoomed in version to find the app that I want.

A lot of issues people seem to be having with the UI, I don't mind them at all. Of course that is just me and my opinion.

But yeah I love the watch after 1.5 weeks with it.
Well, looking at the two screen captures of the home screen above, it seems to me that it would be far more efficient and legible to have the first photo be the default view when you enter the home screen. At that scale everything is legible and tappable, and if you want to see stuff off screen its an easy swipe left/right/up/down...

In the right screen you would have to still swipe left/right/up/down while squinting to decipher the app icon, then move the fingers to a mechanical dial (digital crown), zoom in to a specific portion of the screen that may not be exactly where you want, and then move back and swipe left/right/up/down again to find the appropriate app and tap it.

It also drives me nuts that it is two digital crown touches to get back to the clock face.... one to center the home screen for really no reason (i almost never need the home screen centered) and then a 2nd to actually return to the clock face. Doesn't sound like a major annoyance but do it a dozen times a day, in an already complicated interface, and it can be pretty clumsy.