View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-17, 16:04

It's very Joker-y to me, where you can see someone actually slowly coming unglued, partly because of those around them. I hated that movie, but they did a good job of painting a very Travis Bickle-like picture of how someone gets the way he did. But, by the final act, you just want him dead because he's become far worse than anyone else in his orbit. I needed a shower after Joker. That was a one-and-done viewing for me.

I wouldn't think Maleficent or Joker would've been painted the way they were, so I see no reason why de Vil won't be either. That Maleficent movie made her quite sympathetic at times, and you almost felt sorry for her. I was not expecting that ("Hey, I'm trying to lust after Ms. Jolie over here...do you mind?"). And the same with Joker. So if they can do that to those two, I'm sure there will be some shedding a tear for poor punk princess Cruella.

I guarantee you, she'll get the same treatment as Maleficent, to where you come away going "ah, okay...now it all makes sense. She's really not evil by choice", etc.

Revisionist Disney, trying their best to de-asshole everyone, for a kinder, gentler society.

"Hey, what stylish-minded woman wouldn't want a coat made of puppies? She was, after all, a slave to the fashion whims of her time, people."