View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-04-26, 08:39

Ha. My radar is fine. I like plenty of movies, even lots of ones I didn't think I would (Rocketman, Maleficent and many others). I will, and do, give everything an honest shot if I make a plan to sit and watch. I'm just not going to lie and pretend to like something I truly don't.

Everyone will live, I'm sure.

Is Doom that video game movie with The Rock (excuse me...Dwayne Johnson)? I think I may have seen part of it on FX or one of those channels. Karl Urban was in it too? I'm not a gamer, so things like that aren't going to grab me because there's no genuine front-end interest/connection.

That movie was very dark, and I don't mean tone/plot-wise. I mean, literally...I couldn't see anything that was going on. Did they not use any lighting while filming?!

Things are kinda weird right now, movie-wise. I don't know what the summer is going to be like, but there's really not much being hyped/pending, and I'm not sure if/when the multiplexes are going to open back up, nationwide. If some states/cities are doing so, but many others aren't, that's a tough way to release a movie and expect to make anything. I know some new releases are also going straight to HBO Max or some other streaming service, so that might be the new way movies are done. I just know that every year, by now, I have a little mental list of any movies I want to see for the year. And, currently, there are none. I think a lot of studios/productions are on an open-ended break. I do want to see the new Bond movie (co-starring Rami Malek, BTW), and I read an article about a new Mission: Impossible movie being filmed (I always go see those in the theater; I've enjoyed every one of them over the years and I've never felt cheated or like I threw my money away; always fun and entertaining with great action and stunts). I genuinely look forward to a new M:I possible flick every few years because I know it'll be solid entertainment and great popcorn fare. Sometimes that's all I really want; not every movie has to make a statement or change the world, after all. I'm cool with shit blowing up and people being shot at on motorcycles too. Or crazy stuff taking place on really tall buildings. That Burj Khalifa sequence in Ghost Protocol was a sight to behold on the big screen...I thought I was gonna puke.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-04-26 at 09:54.