View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-04-27, 17:32

Eagle Rare 10 year.

Cannot find it here in Idaho. Just. Can't! Well, you can, you just have to be there the moment the delivery comes in and pray there might maybe could be but probably won't be any on the truck.

But, I've been wanting to try it. Well, we were visiting friends in Portland back in March and my wife and my friend's wife had to run an errand and asked if we wanted anything from the liquor store.

"Eagle Rare," I said with wishful thinking.

Couple hours later the ladies return from their jaunt and HOY CRAP they found a bottle. Actually, there were 3 bottles on the shelf. Three! In Idaho, we get none!

And boy, let me tell you! Smooth as butter and full of oaky, nutty, cinnamony (is that a word) deliciousness that slid on down like so much heaven! Yum! So, I got home and sent a text to my friend and asked him to go back to that store for more and guess what? He found four bottles. Bought all four of them and is bringing three of them to me. We're "meeting in the middle" since it's illegal to ship whiskey into Idaho for some *COUGH Mormons COUGH* reason.

Anyway, if you haven't tried it, try it. And if you don't like it, ship it to me.

$40 here in Idaho (if you can find it, which you can't); $35 in Portland—and no sales tax. Yay, me!

Next goal is their 17 year, and maybe a Larceny Barrel Proof, but good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
If you ever come across it, Wild Turkey Rare Breed and Rare Breed Rye are straight fire. So amazing. Rare Breed is readily available here, but I've had to have people send me the Rye from out of town. the Rye is my favorite. It's around $60. Not too crazy.
I don't know how I missed this. I have a bottle of Rare Breed (a gift from a friend) and, yeah, good stuff.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)