View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2018-02-14, 17:53

Re: Apple ID requirement

Interesting that you mention that as it seems to be an issue that has apple’s own demo models in their retail stores very hamstrung. I went to try it out and they have iPad set up next to the HomePod, presumably to use to play music but the iPad repeatedly requested a password for a Apple ID account and was unusable.

I’m shocked at how poor of a demo setup Apple has in their retail stores. The rooms are typically too big and boomy and loud so you definitely do not appreciate the sound. There were no instructions on how to use or interact with the HomePod. The iPad adjacent to it had pricing info on the HomePod but didn’t work with the HomePod and despite the store being crowded not a single other customer besides myself showed interest in the HomePod. I was there for probably 20 minutes and not once did an Apple employee approach me or ask if I had questions.

And hey Siri did not work well at all with all of the store noise. I suspect Apple is doing some complex noise cancellation on the music it plays to hear hey Siri but it doesn’t seem as effective with a lot of external ambient noise not produced by the HomePod.