View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-24, 16:40

I think it's about time I spilled some beans.

I mentioned a while back that there are some Easter eggs around my 1.14-updated resourcepack/datapack, but I haven't been forthcoming about what they are or how to find them in-game. I would say they fit roughly into two categories, but I'll focus on just one of them for now: new recipes! The following items are now obtainable via new methods of crafting or cooking:
  • bell
  • chainmail boots
  • chainmail chestplate
  • chainmail helmet
  • chainmail leggings
  • coal
  • cobweb
  • diamond
  • diamond horse armor
  • elytra
  • enchanted golden apple
  • flint
  • golden horse armor
  • ice
  • iron horse armor
  • nametag
  • saddle
  • trident

You seeā€¦ I really wasn't kidding when I gave the updated server the tagline "Diamonds from Coal" edition.

I tried to come up with reasonable recipes for most of the impossible to craft, difficult to find, or just plain annoying to farm (I'm looking at you, flint) useful game items. If I wired it all correctly, most if not all of these should be "discoverable" in-game by having either the target item in your inventory or one/some of their ingredients in your inventory. They would appear in the little toast notification in the top corner of the screen whenever you pick up an item and discover a recipe for the first time, and then they'd be in the recipe book that can pop out to the side when you're crafting or cooking things.

I'm very curious to see how quickly you guys will find these recipes now, and if they're at all useful. Also, if there are some other unobtaniums that I've missed, maybe drop their names and I'll see if I can come up with reasonable new recipes for them.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.