View Single Post
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2019-08-25, 18:09

I totally get that "What has happened to me?" when it comes to the Peloton. I felt that way myself for the longest time. If you can swing the initial cost, it's worth it as long as you find spin class something you'll do. I wasn't sure that I'd be into it but since I don't have a gym membership and I found a used one, I figured it'd be a low risk experiment.

It's legit as far a platform. What's convinced me of that is the number of actual athletes who use it and they have an entire training program for those people who want to be better cyclists. Their business model also seems sustainable. They should be making a profit right out of the gate. Their bikes are expensive, even compared to their other flywheel-based competitors like Keiser but given that they've said they breakeven on each bike, they really can't sell them for cheaper.

Their $40/month membership isn't bad at all if you're a moderate user but also ensures they're not going to be operating at a loss. It might seem weird that as a customer, I'm concerned about their sustainability but if you buy into this ecosystem, their survival is important for the value proposition of the bike.

Anyway, get one. I can't recommend it more highly.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.