View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2021-05-21, 15:02

I watched through all of season 2 of Love, Death & Robots one evening this week. It passed a lot quicker than I anticipated.

The second season didn't feel as interesting or impactful as the first to me. Admittedly, there's only so much you can fit in 5-10 minutes, which is the total runtime of most of them, but still most of them felt shallow or predictable. The two stand-outs for me were the first episode about the roomba for its humor and the last episode about the giant for its narrator and overall weirdness. When I was watching the first season, I definitely had this urge to tell my friends and coworkers to go check it out. Couldn't care less with this season, and I probably wouldn't have said anything anywhere if not for this thread reminding me.

Otherwise, the animation is certainly top notch, and I kind of see this second season as more of a tech demo reel for the artists than anything else.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.