View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-06-09, 12:15

I loved that show when I was a kid (John Ritter was so funny/likable). But every plot was the same...someobdy misheard something and the entire episode was spent watching the results, and the fixing/resolution, of that "mistake". It was a pretty one-note show, but it was good, clean(?) fun. It was always Ritter's vehicle...everyone else was just dressing/trim, IMO (the rotating blondes, landlords, mousy Janet, creepy Larry, etc.).

Back to the informercials, some are so "out there" in their claims. Are these things not regulated or have to meet some sort of standard? Or is their wiggle room in this sort of advertising? Something in the small print that allows so many of these things to be such obvious bullcrap?

I'll sit and watch a bit of some of them and think "that's so not true! Why are these people clapping?" (I know they're paid participants, so they're in on the racket too). I just think about some of the poor people reaching for their credit cards on some of these things, and the disappointment they must feel 2-3 months later when nothing is doing what it was supposed to, or is lying in pieces on the floor, etc.).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-06-09 at 12:31.