View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-06-24, 11:06

I have no desire for choreographed TV "fitness" instructors, since they mostly remind me of those '70's-era fitness tapes where some pretty girls in tights gyrated for the camera for hours on end, with little old men hoping their wives would watch one of them and suddenly be a pole-dancer.

I can't stand them. Physically fit "health" instructors (for me that means well-built men who have climbed around in that space and have something to teach me) are my go-to.

Find some good YouTube folks (I watch Max Posternak of Gravity Transformations; He's sharp, fit, and doesn't use "bro science"), learn what your body needs, and do a lot of it! Proper diet, proper weight training, proper cardio. Learn to do it right, and then focus on small daily goals, mid-term weekly goals, and long-term health goals. It doesn't happen overnight, nor does it happen in 6 months. It takes years. Unfortunately I only learned this last year, so I have a very long ways to go. I don't suspect I will reach my long-term goals for at least another two years*, especially considering I am still—over a year later—struggling to meet even my daily goals.

Bad habits take minutes, good habits take years. It's a lot of work, especially in the mind.

* Bench 200lbs 10x3; Perform 10 pull-ups 10x3; Build 6-pack abs; Consume a consistent 1700-calorie maintenance diet; Get my family onboard.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-06-24 at 11:17.