View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-04, 23:33

I've never seen Apple make a quick decision on stuff like this. Yes, there is a problem that demonstrates the computer is a lemon, but it takes time to sort that out. Kudos to Apple for replacing it, grumbles for dropping the FD, and glad it is working out, even though it is frustrating. I have a very good, long-running customer who bought a high-end 27" iMac and had a recurring problem. My boss said he thought it was a software problem, the techs all thought it was hardware. It went on for a year and took three times (which is typical) before Apple finally replaced the computer with a brand new (and much improved) system. They refused to do it through our shop, so the customer had to take it to the Apple Store. They did a data migration and the problem almost immediately resurfaced in the new system. The customer called to tell us and we asked him to bring it in. My boss did a very thorough software investigation and found a Safari plugin was causing the problem the whole time!

In other words, his first instinct—that it was software—proved correct.

Sometimes it takes time to sort things out, and sometimes that can be very frustrating and not even yield the correct answer.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)