View Single Post
The Return of the 'nut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-05-19, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto
It's horrendous, and so was the original.
you know. NYers disagree with you. Americans disagree with you. By overwhelming majority, this is exactly what people want. I have to admit, this is the first time I have been moved by a design. It brought back memories, reading about the plans and ideas triggered my emotions and brought back the tears. Reading the emails sent into MSNBC in regards to this plan and the anecdotes that people shared was powerful. People who were effected by this, people who live in NY, people who had a connection with the WTC, like this plan and agree with it.

It is simply your opinion that they were horrendous. I always thought they had an understated beauty and power to themselves. They certainly defined the NY skyline and anything else simply would not be the same. Maybe things shouldn't be the same, who knows, but if you are going to rebuild and you are going to claim to have an open design process with the public's opinion taken into account then you better listen to the public.

The first politician that jumps behind this plan and Trump is going to gain great public respect and most important votes. Pataki is in a very tough position right now. Trump just screwed him. For Pataki to go forward with the terrible Freedom Tower plan would mean he would have a hard time winning any future election. It's simply not what people want, it's plagued with problems and its clear its beaucracy that is pushing the plan through, problems and all.