View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2006-12-23, 14:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
The problem is we do have a lot of "active" members who just don't post much, if ever.

However, you check their accounts and there are ones that registered years ago but logged in two days ago. Those people are obviously still stopping by, but they don't have the posts to show it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgriz View Post
I wouldn't really call them active. Just lurkers who registered and never deleted the cookie.
Well, I'd agree with alc that they are 'indeed' active if they check by on a regular basis to read the boards, even if they don't post. I am amazed at how shy some people are, that they seem so reluctant to post, and don't get around to doing so literally for 'years'.

Perhaps they are terrified that they will inadvertently post a spelling error and become scarred for life by adverse comments about it.

We had another female mod here for a couple of weeks some time back; but she spelled the word 'furry' as 'fury' in one post (or maybe it was the other way around), and a regular member called her on it. I think she then felt rather uncomfortable with the hazards of posting here, and just sort of drifted away. I could be wrong about that, but that was my impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeriatric View Post

Oh well while i'm about it, may as well wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Since joining this group i have enjoyed the fun, sympathised with the bad times, and made some new friends.

Wow you guys n girls are great "cue emotional smilie"

Got to go now must have something in my eyes they are watering.
Merry Christmas to you too, geriatric. You are such a sweetie pie. I like guys with tender hearts.

*giant hug*