View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2016-03-21, 19:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I'm pretty sure the Lightroom allows for importing of Aperture and it's basic data set too. PB PM will likely come on and set the facts straight on this. I'm going to end up switching to Lightroom, I just haven't bothered to yet since I'm not taking many pics with my DSLR these days.
Lightroom does have an import system, but I have not used it. I used a third party App called Exporter for Aperture to get my files out of Aperture Libraries, since it gives the use more options in terms of image quality and file type. Lightroom's exporter only allows for jpegs IIRC, while the previously mentioned app allows for exports as TIFF's as well.

Overall Lightroom is still a poor replacement for Aperture, but it is better than "Photos", without a doubt. Is it better than the alternatives? I tried four or five different applications before switching and none of them blew me away. Aperture still has the better file management of any of them, by far. If Aperture's editing features were not so out of date, I'd still use it even though support ended last year.