View Single Post
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2008-05-29, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple007 View Post
I'm a pleasure delayer, so I'd lean toward waiting, but with that possible itinerary, and the fact there's no guarantee of when Rev.B will be announced or shipped, and with the 2-month delay fiasco that just unfolded with Intel and Centrino 2, ...
Ah! So there is a dissenter after all! Thank you, apple007!

Quote:
EDIT: If you really want to wait for Rev.B, why not get an iPhone or an iPod Touch? That would set you back far less than the MBA and be much more useful on trips like the ones you mentioned (in-flight music and videos; email and internet on the ground with a much better UI than a Blackberry).
Well, I already got my wife an iPhone. I'm fine with my personal Moto KRZR, the work-provided BB, and 8GB iPod nano. Given that work pays for international roaming on the BB (T-Mobile), I'm not ready to get my own smartphone. And if I were, I would hold out for the 3G iPhone, which is just around the corner. Admittedly, I've been tempted by an iPod touch. But maybe I'm just a cheapskate or a "pleasure delayer," which sounds much fancier!

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.