View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2010-03-24, 13:40

I used Macs for a long, long time. I became very familiar with the old bomb icon, especially after we upgraded our SE/30 and IIcx to System 7:

The IIcx, which had 256-color output, was my first computer. As my parents upgraded their own computers for work reasons, I got the hand-me-downs. First a Quadra 610, then a Power Mac 7100, a Power Mac 8100, and finally a PowerBook G3.

The PowerBook was the first computer I used with OS X. It was basically the bare minimum necessary to run it, even after I upgraded the RAM to 320 MB. Storage space was so tight I used an external SCSI hard drive, maybe 4 or 6 GB in size.

I went through a bunch of OS X Macs after the PowerBook. Switched more often than Murbot at one point, including about a six month stretch where I used a Windows box. My last Mac was a 12" PowerBook G4. I got rid of it and switched to Windows for good after installing Leopard, which was slow and buggy on it.

My only regret was wasting so much money on swapping out Macs during my college years. Once I graduated, I had no more need for a laptop, and I wasn't about to buy a Mac desktop.