View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-19, 16:16

I've kinda wondered about this.

I think a lot of this stuff is arbitrary, or guessing. But it kinda has to be on something like this, huh? Just erring on the side of caution and what sounds good, with what is known. As time rolls on, we'll hear more about this sort of thing, and, as more concrete stuff is learned, some protocols/approaches might be looked at in a different light.

That's just how stuff goes, anything. But I've always been amused by the whole "five feet isn't enough, but six is" thing. "What about 5-feet, 10-and-a-half inches?"

Cut me some slack...I'm looking for amusement/chuckles today a bit more than usual.

Me, two weeks ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
The older lady across the street from me, in her 80's (sweet, funny as can be), went into the hospital with COVID on Monday afternoon. I saw her family over there, never an ambulance. I guess they took her. A friend is friends with her daughter so I'm hearing updates through her. She's been admitted, etc.

Not sure what the prognosis/outcome will be. While she's in her 80's, she's quite healthy/spry/active and sharp as a tack. If I didn't know better, just personality-wise, appearance, physicality/activity, her mind, etc. I'd honestly think she's about 62-65. 68-70, absolute TOPS...certainly not 80-something! She's not frail or couch/bed-ridden (or already sick with a bunch of other things), so I hope it goes well for her. I've known her for years and years and I've always liked her.
Barbara died this morning. Broke my heart. I keep thinking about how, when she left her house Monday before last, she never returned. That was the last time she saw her house, kitties, kitchen being remodeled/repaired, her yard/garden, the neighborhood, etc.

That thought, for some reason, has just drilled a slow hole through me throughout the day...

Pouring rain all day, and just grey and gloomy, so it's just been a lousy Sunday all around. Maybe I was being naive that she'd pull through and be home at some point in the coming weeks and we'd all go out for Taco Tuesday come late-October or so, like we all used to. If/when the rest of us do, there will be an empty chair where she used to sit and eat her enchilada or fajita. That's gonna sting, that first time we all do that and we're one person short from the usual gang.