View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2007-05-07, 23:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem9876 View Post
A nice feature would be to implement a field of "location." In this way, you can tell the computer exactly where the book or other media is, and you'll know exactly where to find it when you need it.
I'm confused by this - it already has a location field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
If it did comics, I'd be all over it (20-odd years of collecting, around 10,000 issues, and I have no idea what all I have, really...).

I keep pestering them, but... :P maybe you were looking for a lower case 'p' ? Ah well, here's hoping.

It'd be nice to have my books in there too (maybe 2k or so), but frankly, the barcoding wouldn't work on most of them, as they don't *have* barcodes. (Sue me, I like old books.)

CDs? Eh, that's what iTunes is for. DVDs? Games? C'mon, I have like 50, total, between them. Meh.

But comics? Yeah, I could use that.
They were able to implement five of the six most requested features for DL2, but the comic book support was the one they left off. Apparently they don't have the data from amazon.

As for no barcodes, you can manually enter the details of those books that don't have barcodes. Surely not all 2000 of yours are sans 1 and 0 striping on the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha (see above)
CDs? Eh, that's what iTunes is for.
CDs, DVDs and TV shows - I just read that DL2 will also feature live iTunes updating.

All I want is a simple life
twitter

Last edited by Mac+ : 2007-05-07 at 23:52. Reason: Posts merged