View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-03, 19:51

You know, sometimes click-bait is helpful. People are looking for snake oil, and sometimes it's best for them to click that link and learn that the snake oil isn't all that. I watched a video from another guy (Jeremy Ethier) who cited a bunch of evidence that fat can be "targeted" (if only because it is close-proximity to the muscles in use, bu the results were sketchy at best. Anyway, I clicked the link because that belly junk is really the last thing in my way and I'm looking for everything I can learn to speed the process. I had intentionally quit lifting because I don't want to be wasting my effort, and as it turns out I shouldn't have, or at least I should have continued but also more drastically cut my diet while doing so. The muscle wasn't going on (although it is hardening up) because I was only eating at maintenance level. So, I wasn't losing any weight, nor was I gaining any muscle. Now, I know that I can continue to work out—hard— knowing that I will continue to deplete my fat reserves before I head back the other way.

I just have to find the motivation and energy to get back at it. The energy is hard, because I am at such a significant deficit that I don't even want to roll out of bed right now.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)