View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-03-02, 22:13

No, not the kind getting legalized across the US in liberal states... I'm talking about the kind in/on the dirt in a yard near you.

I'm in a position where I finally have to plant some but have no idea what to use. I have trees around me and plenty of sun during the summer. The thing is, I live on a hill and need something the help keep the clay from washing away. Yep, rocky clay is the best way to describe my soil. In Va Beach it was easy compared to this, I just let nature do its thing and there was always something green on my dirt. Here I have a bunch of exposed clay and rocks. Construction didn't help the situation either.

So what kind of grass should I be looking for? It is starting to warm up so it seems like the time to get some seed on the ground too.
I'm very much in the "Transition Zone" on this particular map:

I don't think I'll be watering it much but would do so if I had to for the sake of getting it to take root. Generally speaking, I'm not a yard guy and only cut the grass so we can see the snakes before they surprise us. I'm more after keeping my clay at the top of the hill rather than it all washing down. Nice grass would be great though!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.