Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
tomoe
Veteran Member

2021-03-20, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+ View Post
Seeing this thread bumped, I thought I’d chime in with an anecdote - in the realms of something now owns me, but it’s something I’ll never own.

This week, I was fortunate enough to be invited on an AMG drive day (courtesy of another company) and all I can say is the E63s is beautifully brutal in all the right ways.

Looks and cabin fitout are superb. MB UX fantastic. But the performance was the kicker. The takeoff was like what I can only imagine a jet fighter is like. It’s amazing this car only requires a driver’s licence.

I’m not really a car person, but I was impressed!
https://www.whichcar.com.au/reviews/...g-e63-s-review
Came across the wagon variant of this back in September when we were looking for a new car. Was impressed with it after watching this review, but no way in hell were we going to drop $120k on a wagon lol.

Ended up coming to our senses and bought a boring, reliable 2021 Toyota Rav4 hybrid. Coincidentally had the exact trim, options, and color we wanted, so it worked out. Also got a few thousand $ off because the dealer had incorrectly listed it as a 2020 (they honored the incorrect price, but we had to buy it that day).

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick