View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-06-30, 16:21

Pleasure, basically. Helping a friend with a move and animal (kittycat) transport.

She had some time and money, I'm in a position to work evenings (so I'm going to put Illustrator on her MacBook and take my current projects along with me and can do any new drawings or revisions in the motel at night.

Should be fun. I don't do this sort of thing enough anymore. It's pretty much an expenses-paid sort of deal, so I'd be crazy not to do it, especially if I can still do a little work in the evenings and e-mail the files back east. It'll do me good, 4-5 days out of town and somewhere new and different. I've never seen that part of the country, so I'm excited. And maybe it's not as $#$^@! hot?

I figure I'll see some mountains and gorgeous scenery, throughout Wyoming and Idaho? I'll be taking pics. And then I'll have about 2-3 days in Portland to visit (and help set up a wifi/Time Capsule thing, maybe assemble some furniture, etc. The usual stuff I do for friends.

We're leaving on July 11 (the title makes it sound like we're taking two weeks to do it, but that's misleading). We're leaving in about two weeks (well, a little less).