View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2012-07-05, 11:47

Damn, how many hours of driving was that? 12-13, I'm guessing (averaging ~70mph). No, I can't do that. Not solo, anyway, for multiple days.

We've been finalizing everything, and we're doing it in four days now. But she's laid it out in such a way that each day is a decreasing amount of miles/time. She just wants to get back home by Friday (I can't blame her...she's kinda been in limbo for over a month, with part of her stuff here, some of it there, the rest in Portland, etc.). She's about to go nuts and just wants everything, including her baby cats, in Portland with her, finally. So I told her we'd make that happen, and that I'd help make it so.

So we're pulling out on Tuesday the 17th of July. Driving 12 hours that first day to Kansas City (I've done it before, coming the other direction, solo, and this time I'll be with someone and it shouldn't be as rough or boring.

Leave the next day, driving for 10:30 to Laramie, Wyoming on July 18.

Leave there and drive to Twin Falls, Idaho (just under nine hours) on the 19th.

Drive the final 500-ish miles to Portland, getting there by 5:30pm, give or take, on Friday the 20th.

She's already got the Motel 6 reservations made at each stop, etc.

Saves one night of hotel, we both get to crash out at her place in Portland on Friday night, the cats are in their new home.

Turn the rental car back in Saturday, I get shown around the city and enjoy a new place I've never been (and enjoy a nice break from this heat ...looks to be a solid 15-20 degrees cooler in Portland than it is here, every time I check), eat a good dinner Saturday evening.

I get taken to airport (ha...I actually spelled it AirPort out of habit) Sunday morning, where my flight departs at 10:30am and I'm back in Chattanooga later that night. So six-days total...Tuesday-Sunday. Four on the road, one in Portland, one in an airplane/airport (a 90-minute layover in Vegas...I'll grab lunch and find a slot machine).